Thursday, June 20, 2013
And, that's how it's been going, during our whirlwind of the last 8-9 months. But before this week.....it was like this:
1. Sunday: Gear up for a healthy week, a "start-over." Make plans to exercise, eat clean, drink water. Pack food. Super-charged, and envisioning how it used to be.....wearing size 8.
2. Monday: Eat/drink as planned. That is, until lunch. Skip lunch, eat about 3 pm, in the break room, grab a mini-candy bar while there. Drink a diet pop, promise self to double up on water and add a mile to the evening run. Run only 1/2 of what was in Sunday's plan. But hey, I ran, didn't I? Crash on the couch, no fuel, no energy from skipping meals.
3. Tuesday: Throw together a lunch bag as I rush out. Eat about 3. Grab a big candy bar in the break room. Skip the rest of the meals that were packed, but drive thru McDonalds after passing the gym.
4. Wednesday: Who has time to pack, or even think about the gym....must prepare for tomorrow's speech, I hope hubby has laundry caught up. Eat whatever. Go straight to bed upon getting home at 9 pm.
5. Thursday: Eat with wild abandon. Yesterday's meals are still in lunch bag in the car, waiting to be thrown away. Say to self, the week has been ruined, I'll start again Sunday.
6. Friday: 'nuf said, I don't care, just get me to Saturday.
However...this week....here it is THURSDAY and I'm feeling well-rested, slightly sore muscles, the week didn't seem as stressful, and no food has been tossed in lieu of junk food.
Looking forward to Saturday's weigh-in....tomorrow, we get to go on a floating workshop, looking at the Long Island Sound coastline....talk about hurricane Irene....and Sandy....and crazy extreme weather that has become our norm.