My Self-Management Plan going forward is:
1. Test blood sugars before meals
2. Make sure to take meds/insulin on schedule
3. Prepare meals at home at least 75% of the time.
4. If dining out, opt for salads and grilled/broiled proteins. NO FRIED FOODS.
5. Walk at a fast pace at least 10 minutes everyday, not just sauntering along with Gus.
6. Drink more water.
7. Think positive to avoid stress
Why am I doing this? For ME!!! With my upcoming surgery, I am scared and stressing about how its going to go. Stress leads to higher blood sugars from overeating and that's bad. I must keep myself in control to prevent complications with the healing after surgery.
Focusing on this plan will help me stay in control. (God willing) I can do it! I've done it before. I must do it for me. No excuses.
How am I going to do this? Tracking, Tracking, Tracking!!!
Writing it all down - blood sugars, what I eat, what I do for exercise, how I'm feeling will give me in no uncertain terms how I am doing.
Everyday will present itself with challenges and I have the knowledge and tools to overcome them. Staying active with SparkPeople threads will also help keep me focused. My internet friends are a great source of support, motivation, and helpful tips with the click clack of computer keys.
This is not a diet ~ it is a progression to a healthier life. One day at a time!
Everything in moderation.
My stomach is not a wastebasket.
It is okay to put myself first and say "NO" to others.
Here's to the rest of my life - healthier!