So luckily today was a gym day seeing as it is still raining outside.
Today I did what I call a cross training circuit. I found this workout online a while ago but I can't remember where (old age showing a little lol) I am usually sweating like crazy by the time that I am done with this workout. The site that I found it on said that it was a 20 minute workout. I have no idea how you can do this in 20 minutes but if you can more power to you. Today it took me 35 minutes to get all the circuits done.
Here is how it works. There are 5 exercises that you do one right after the other. Then you take a sip of water (at least I do) then you start all over again. You do 5 sets of all the exercises. Here are the exercises:
1. Plated box jumps reps: 10 weight: 10 pounds
2. Barbell squats with overhead press reps:10 weight: 10 pound dumbbells (didn't realize until just this minute that it said barbell I have done this many times and always used dumbbells lol)
3. Alternating dumbbell biceps curl reps: 10 weight: 10 pound dumbbells
4. Push-ups reps: 10 weight: body weight lol
5. Jumping rope 1 minute each set.
After you have finished all 5 sets take a quick breather (2-3 minutes) drink a little water then do 5 sets of the next 4 exercises.
6. barbell box jumps Reps: 10 Weight: 10 pound dumbbell (I am not strong enough to jump with a barbell yet so I just hold a 10 pound dumbbell behind my head as I jump)
7. Biceps curl into overhead press Reps 10 weight: 10 pound dumbbell
8. Plank rows reps: 10 each arm weight: 10 pound dumbbell (make sure that you use the hexagon weights or the weight can roll when you put your weight on the one side)
9. Mountain climbers 30 seconds each set.
So I am usually sweating pretty good by the end of this. Especially seeing as I end up doing 100 box jumps when it is all said and done.
After I am finished with the circuit I like run a little on the treadmill ( I really don't like to do it but I do it anyway) Today I did 25 minutes. The first 15 were at speed 5.5 and the last 10 were at 5.8. I think I am doing pretty good for someone that would never run on the treadmill because she was afraid of looking stupid or out of shape. I would always stick to the elliptical but now I am a running fool lol.
The last thing I did was take the dogs for their nightly walk. I didn't think it was going to happen tonight seeing as it is still raining (has been since yesterday so we skipped the walk yesterday) but the dogs really wanted to go out. They usually hate to get wet but tonight it was just a drizzle and they missed yesterdays walk so we did a quick mile and a half (really was 1.45 miles but who is counting?) . They were really happy and really wet by the time we got home. So today was a pretty good day for burning calories.