Wednesday, June 19, 2013
My assignment: List 5 things you can do for yourself to make yourself a priority. How will doing these things help you?
Iím already doing these, but itís good to remind myself so I remember why I do them.
1. Meditate daily: Helps me focus and put things into perspective.
2. Exercise daily: Helps me focus and stay sane. Exercise is my mental health plan. Itís a great stress release and makes it so I can deal with more in my day than I otherwise could.
3. Eat well daily: Helps me feel better physically and fuels my body to keep making progress with my exercise. If I eat well (balanced, and not too much) I will lose weight gradually and build muscle. I will enjoy better health when my organs donít have to do their jobs squeezed by the extra layer of fat around them (most of my fat is around my mid-section--Iím a perfect apple-shape).
4. Call my mom daily: I live 2,000 miles from my 82yo mom. Her physical health has declined abruptly this past year and I try to do my part by calling her daily. She still has a very sharp mind and I canít ever get anything past her. This helps me maintain a close relationship with her and feel connected even though Iím far away.
5. Never take my husband for granted: I feel so lucky to have met and married such a special person and I give thanks for our time together each day. That helps me appreciate him and keep our relationship strong.