Tuesday, June 18, 2013
After camping, I discovered something a little different..... I found an exercise that I liked! I like hiking. Now, I am not a fan of how often I need to spot to catch my breath or am not able to push through farther than I want to, but I keep going...and that's the important part! I am amazed at how many calories are burned in hiking! I love it!
So, this morning I weighed in -thinking I'd be pushed over my plateau after hiking this weekend....but I wasn't. Instead of pouting, I made myself a healthy breakfast, entered the calories for both my breakfast and the lunch I will have and then I'm going out for a hike with my poochie.
Other changes I've made:
1. I ordered a fitbit. Hubby has one and likes it, I think this will help me keep motivated.
2. I am committing to hiking at least 4 times a week. I have trails ALL around my house (I am blessed with where I live).
3. I have switched to a majority vegetarian diet -but I am going all out now. I am also going to follow vegan guidelines as well (no cheese, no yogurt, no milk, no eggs). I know that my in-laws will occasionally cook with butter, so I am hoping to avoid that, but know that it will happen on occasion.
4. I am also cutting out all soda, all bread, all candy, all pastries, all cake, all doughnuts, all cookies, etc.
5. I am going to commit to taking my vitamins and metformin (for PCOS) daily to help aide my body in this transformation.
Okay, with that, I need to go stretch, wash some dishes and get out for my hike. Have a great day Sparklers!!