This vision board took me a few days to create because life is a little hectic right now. Work is stressful, and the kids and I try to fit a whole week's worth of summer fun just into three day weekends...
That very "busyness" is one thing I want to tackle over this BLC challenge. It's very easy for me to work late instead of going to boot camp or to take work home instead of spending time with my kids or my husband (or all three at once--that's a party!). Instead of falling for that trap, I'm keeping self and family care top of mind this summer. Things that don't get done at work today will get done at work tomorrow. They won't come home with me. My kids are growing so very fast. I don't want to look back and regret how little time I spent with them...
So here's what it all means in this visualization, starting in the top left corner (and reading the images left to right like in a book):
1. Push-ups: My goal is still to get to 100 of them before the end of this BLC. I'm not any closer than I was a week ago, but I'll get there.
2. Strength: I discovered in boot camp last week that I can lift 25 pound weights! My arms are getting stronger! I totally don't see that when I look in the mirror, but I *think* I can feel it in my biceps. Gonna keep working on that!
3. Be Kind To Yourself: Yes. That's exactly why I'm taking my lunch at work instead of working through it. No matter what.
4. Veggies: Eating more of them. It's summer! The best time for fresh fruit and vegetables.
5. Running: Just going to keep going. Right now I have a small goal to completely run a 5k with no walking. I'm just about there. Then I have a medium-sized goal to run 5 miles. Then I have a large goal to run a 10k. Or a bunch of 10ks, maybe. I love the woman running in this picture. I don't know her, but I think we could be friends.
6. That's my before picture. I'm learning to love that woman, too. I know her and I know we can be friends.
7. My kiddos. They are two of the reasons my health is important.
8. Self-Care: Yeah, important. And I have having blank space on these boards...
9. My boot camp: I'm recommitted to not missing a training unless it's just impossible for me to be there. I love it!
10. Yellow roses as a symbol of my marriage. They're my favorite flower and we had them in our wedding. I like that yellow roses stand for friendship because my husband is my best friend. Hokey, but true.
11. Sleep: Still my biggest issue. Still working on it. Come on 7-9 hours! Sounds so good...