Monday, June 17, 2013
I'm not sure where I would be exactly if it weren't for having goals. When I start to loss track of where . I want to be or if I'm thinking that I'm not where I should be, I have my goals to to keep me focused on where I am heading. I remind myself that this is a daily choice of changes and lifestyle, it's not a magic cure all and overnight success. Those are just gimmicks and I've been there done that!
My goals are often daily goals of just making it through the day being and making as healthy of choices as I possibly can. When others are indulging, let them, I will have those opportunities too, but on my schedule. I remind myself that this is not a race to some finish line, this is a lifestyle choice and each day I am making progress in some area of my life.
1. Although we had rain almost all weekend, it was a good weekend of being able to relax, recharge and live. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. It looks like we might be getting some sunshine today. My gardens will be very happy to see the warmth and sunshine. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. My rhubarb plant has started to renew itself. I thought it had bitten the dust, but there is new growth there. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I see a renewing of my eldest daughters spirit finally. She suffered some severe emotional blows by someone she trusted and finally after two years, we hear and see a renewal in her and restoration of her confidence. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. Three family birthdays today! Yep, we are a close family *grin*. We have a thing of sharing birthdays. Many blessings going out to those we love. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. It's great to hear the squirrels and the birds first thing this morning. Makes me very hopefully that we will be having at least a morning free of rain. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I had a nice phone call last evening from a co-worker that has just retired. So nice to hear from Uma and hear what she has been up to since retiring. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Garry is building a little "fairy house" with stained glass windows and lights in it to place out in the back yard. It is so cute. I will have to take some pictures of it once he has it finished. Bless his heart for his whimsical side. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I'm thankful for my job and mental satisfaction that it provides me as well as opportunity to find new reading material to encourage me to continue to grow as a person. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I've been blessed with a new day of life and for this day, I am truly grateful. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful Monday, thank you for stopping by.