April was quite some time ago. It has been that long since I have been on here. I still weigh myself often, but not every other day like I used to. Slowly I have realized that I eat well. I exercise everyday, even if it is just playing with my kids in the yard, or gardening (that can be pretty intense sometimes Hoeing is a bitch :)) I drink lots of water everyday. I allow myself to have treats but a few years ago I would eat an entire bag of chips, today a handful will satisfy me if I really want some but I would much rather have an apple or whatever fruit is in season. )
My life is turning out just the way I have always wanted it to be.
1) I graduated from college with a B.S. in Education
2) I have begun house hunting for the first time in my life
3) I am happy in my own skin
-This last one is what prompted me to be happy with the weight that I have attained so far. I feel great, I comfortably wear a size 8. I can run with the kids and feel great rather than exhausted. I have an energy and a confidence that I don't think I have ever had before in my life. I feel like I can do anything.
I did not quit on my goal of reaching 146, but rather I stopped focusing on an ideal number. It was just that, a number. For now I will work on maintaining my current weight and if the rest slowly comes of than that is great too, but I have no desire to eat like a bird, and I enjoy myself the way I am.
This feeling that I have right now is really what I wanted when I began SparkPeople.com. I wanted to look good on the outside and feel good on the inside, and I do.
Some extra's that I have attained so far are
1) my daughters are proud of their mommy, and I am invited to school events by them more often than I ever used to be. (My middle child made a comment to me that most of the other mothers are chunky-not like you mom. I was so happy inside.
2) my daughters have benefited from my weightless. They too have lost some weight. They get less pimples than they used too. And have more fun with their mom.
3) my husband enjoys swooping me up in his arms and I enjoy the fact that he can do it without getting red in the face. (our intimate relationship has gotten much, much better as well :) )