Sunday, June 16, 2013
Today started off like any other day when we don't have school. Ronan brings all of the toys he can find and starts putting them all over my room as I sleep. He then proceeds to make as much noise as he possibly can in order to wake me up, including yelling " IT'S WAKE UP TIME!!!" at the top of his lungs. After some false starts and misunderstood feelings, we puttered along like usual. Then, on the way home from an emergency dentist visit (where I found out I need A LOT of work done :( as I shattered a tooth last Thursday) I had this little burst of energy that felt completely natural and yet oddly in-congruent with what was happening at that time. I was happy, not just because I had some time to my self with Ronan at a play date, but I had walked almost 3.5 miles to and from the dentist with had a temporary filling put in my mouth. I cannot explain it. I was moving and happy and I just had this feeling like everything was going to be ok. With this burst of optimism I started cataloging all the good, cool, neat stuff that I was doing or had happened and I made a list.
1. I made my walking goal of 10 miles
2. The mac and cheese recipie from the SP Cookbook actually came out right and it was VERY good. *Last time it tasted like slightly cheesy flour.*
3. I stayed within my calorie goal today
4. I DIDN'T get that second helping of M&C.
5. I am 2 chapters ahead in my summer math class
6. I didn't buy anything as I walked through the mall
7. I got Ronan to eat, brush his teeth, get into bed, get his book, and lay down without a huge tantrum.
8. I am proud of myself
Today was a big deal for me. I look at these things and see "I can" and "I will".
Tomorrow? I will.
A happy week to you all