Friday, June 14, 2013
This week didn't go so well. The first week getting back on track is always difficult. I tracked everything I ate for the first three days. On Wednesday, yesterday, and today I have not tracked or exercised. Yesterday and the day before I was busy cleaning and organizing my friend's house for when they came back from vacation. Plus yesterday I had to work. I stayed up till 3am last night doing last minute things. SO, this morning I was absolutely exhausted. I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast.
What I did right this week:
*I exercised 2 times
* I tracked everything put into my mouth for 3 days
* I chose healthy options for breakfast those 3 days
* I had fresh juice once
*I had a salad twice
* I chose a lower calorie dessert on one of those days
Where I went wrong:
* I put a lot of pressure on myself to stay under 1600 calories. That is a worthy goal, but I think that for the first week back I would have been better off having a less stringent goal. So, for next week (Mon), my goal to stay under will be 2000. Each week I'll decrease it by 100 calories until I'm able to stick to 1600.
*I stressed out a lot and let my emotions get to me. I ended up stress eating a lot. Next week my goal is to find other ways of dealing with stress rather than eating. I got some excellent tips from another spark member, so I'm going to utilize those tips and try to do better
*Once I would go over its like I would throw caution to the wind and just not care anymore. I know that every calorie counts though. Throwing caution to the wind is only hurting me in the long run. SO, my goal for next week is if i mess up and go a couple hundred calories over, I'll forgive myself and not go insane eating a bunch of junk.
Other Goals for next week:
* Track every day inspite of being busy
* Exercise 3 times
* Drink at least 64 oz of water
* Take my vitamin
* Eat some of my home made soup
* Try to stay positive
* Allow myself treats