Thursday, June 13, 2013
As I entered the gym today, my thoughts wandered. What do I normally see at the gym? (I am not sure if it is the same everywhere)
1. Machines of various types and sizes (Active and inactive ones)
2. Large mirrors everywhere
3. A wooden floor
4. Pile of mats
3. Array of stability/medicine balls hanged
4. An array of weights arranged neatly and not so neatly some other times.
Then I hear:
5. Music blasting from all the corners
6. When the music stops I hear thudding on the treadmill and the sound of the running cross trainer.
7. Then the irritating sound of someone who is supposed to have left the gym 30 minutes ago (if you are tired why don't you leave instead of irritating my ears with that ugh! argh! sound)
8. And the gossips. This type it is always from guys (what???). Now that is strange, I thought men don't gossip.
What do I see again?
9. Fat females (like me), I am not sure if I'd ever met a slim lady at the gym before. Even when you see a slim lady it is with a bulging tummy or something.
10. Then the skinny guys with large muscles (I am not sure I truly like ill-proportioned body frames like that, I mean big/enormous upper bodies and tiny lower bodies (it makes them look like buffaloes, lol).
11. And there is this 'walk' from the weight-carrying guy, like 'I am the alpha here'. (that I will not take from you Mister, I am also a celebrity at least I always celebrate myself).
12. I saw some lady weighing herself after each workout today (did I see well?), was I supposed to introduce her to Sparkpeople?
13. Finally, that corner eye look. Yes, the guys hahahahaha, I always catch them stealing looks at the ladies backside. (What was that for?)
It had been an awesome day of running.
How was your day sparky?