The pool has been filled.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The Pool Boys came out yesterday and used a leaf net to clean leaves off of the winter pool cover. Prior to their arrival, a female mallard was bathing in the water and preening herself on the side of the pool. I sat on the pool deck and watched her for probably an hour.
I took out a slice of bread and threw it in the water, she pecked at it once. Then crackles flew in and slid down the cover into the water to pull pieces off the bread slice and fly up onto the side of the pool to eat them.
The pool guy said he probably pulled out 100 pounds of leaves that were submerged under the water on the cover. It was a smelly mess! He had to pump off the water. I helped him pull the cover from one end to the other folded over. There was still so much water and leaves, that he had to put the pump in the part of the cover that was still hanging over the pool. Then another man he is in the business with, came and the two of them were able to haul this mess out over the side. They folded up the cover and put it under the deck.
I filled up some of the pool last night with a water hose. They called a water service and told them I would need two loads of water. I only needed one which cost $65. I turned on the filter after he left and tightened up a hose clamp where water was dripping. I put in a float of chlorine tabs and tied the thermometer onto the deck railing and cleaned up the yard.
Yesterday, I had to do a 24-hour urine collection and return it to the lab and have blood drawn. My last lab results showed high liver enzymes and protein in my urine. The woman couldn't get any blood when she went to get blood for this blood test. I told her to try the other arm and that I would pray because this has never happened to me before. She got a tube of blood from the other arm.
I started the urine collection at 9:17 AM Monday and had to turn it in after 9:17 AM Tuesday and have my blood drawn. Hubby had an appointment at 10 AM. He sat in the van while I took care of my lab tests, then we went to his oncologist. She said he was doing well, but he will need to have another endoscopy because he has Barrett's esophagus-a pre-cancerous condition.
He didn't remember where his doctor's office was specifically, so I parked a ways away and had to go and move my van closer while we waited. I got him in and out of the van and he didn't fall. Friday, he goes to get the stitches out of his foot. He thinks the doctor will give him a boot to wear, but I think he will be in the cast until the end of the month at least, we will see. All is going very well and I give the Lord thanks for that.