Monday, June 10, 2013
1) Track my food intake daily--the good, the bad, and the ugly. I've been doing pretty well, so there isn't any one thing in the food area that l feel needs more work. But I have been slacking off a bit on tracking, and I know that it is vital to success.
2) Gradually increase my exercise. I have to be careful not to overdo it and reinjure my Achilles tendon, but I need to get moving more. I will start with strength training four times/week for 15 minutes and cardio 5 times/week for 20 minutes, but will work in exercise minutes during the day as well. By the end of the 12 weeks, I plan to be back to Planet Fitness a minimum of 5 days/week for a combined cardio and ST workout of 50-60 minutes.
3) Get back into the routine of doing my daily stretching and core exercises. I have been slacking off lately, and I need to do these to keep the Achilles tendonitis and arthritis at bay. I can start doing this NOW, and I want it to be a twice daily habit by the end of BLC22.
4) Get to bed earlier, get at least 7.5 hours of sleep/night, and get up earlier. When I don't get enough sleep, I don't make good decisions. When I don't get enough sleep, I overeat. When I don't get enough sleep, it takes me forever to get going. When I don't get up until 9:30 or later, half the day is gone before I finally start to tackle a task. It may seem like sleeping is a waste of time, but I know that I waste more time when I don't have enough sleep.
5) Be happy with progress in the many forms it comes in--not just the number on the scale, but feeling healthier, stronger, and more balanced; knowing that I am taking care of myself; acknowledging NSVs. I think it would be a good thing to post in my journal or on my personal page one note of positive progress every day, just to remind myself of how well I am doing on those days when it might be easy to think otherwise. I'll give it a go and see if it makes a difference.