Monday, June 10, 2013
"I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
-Henry David Thoreau
My goal for the next twelve weeks is to reach my goal weight of 133 lbs. by the end of BLC22.
SPECIFIC: My goal is detailed and specific:
Who? I, Sharon, will
What? Release 15 pounds
Where? From my body weight
How? By following healthy lifestyle weight loss principles
When? During the 12 week period June 5 – August 28, 2013
These are the specific action steps I am taking to reach this goal:
1. Eat within my SparkPeople calorie range of 1200 – 1550 calories daily.
2. Exercise at least 20 minutes per day five days a week (2 days Strength Training, 3 days Cardio).
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
4. Use the SparkPeople Nutrition, Fitness, and Weight Trackers to measure my progress and make any necessary adjustments to keep on track.
MEASURABLE: To measure and track my goal I will use my home scale to weigh myself each Wednesday morning and post in both my SparkPeople and BLC team trackers. When I see that scale register 133 lbs., I will know I've reached my goal. I will let out a loud and joyful WooHoo! And then I will begin my next goal, lifetime maintenance of a healthy weight!
ATTAINABLE: Aside from the action steps listed above, I will need these additional resources for success:
1. My intention to be slim, fit, and healthy
2. My “power cocktail” of away from and toward motivation.
3. A learning mind, an awareness of my actions, and openness to make adjustments when necessary to put me back on track.
4. The encouragement of my BLC team The Fabulous Feisty Foxes, my SparkFriends, and the Spark Community.
5. A joyful and celebratory approach to my lifestyle changes and my journey.
How I'll find the time? Eating and moving are part of every day life. I have time for my health; it is my top priority.
During the twelve weeks I will need to learn more about what fitness activities I enjoy and will willingly do on a regular basis. I also need to learn more about using the Fitness Tracker.
When I need support I can seek out those mentioned above in the additional resources #4.
RELEVANT: Why do I want to reach this goal? Why is it relevant? The bottom line is that I want live a full and healthy life. My doctor and I agreed that a weight of 133 lbs. given my age and height, achieved in a healthy manner (gradually with a 1 – 2 lbs. released per week) puts me into the healthy BMI range and an optimum situation for continued good health.
TIMELY: I will reach my goal by August 28, 2013.
My halfway measurement will be 140.5 lbs. by July 17, 1013.
A milestone I'll aim for is a release of 1.25 lbs. per week for the twelve-week period.
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe