BLC 22 Goals
Monday, June 10, 2013
Yup itís that time. The first week of the new round of BLC has started and itís time to set some goals. Iíve been thinking a lot about this for the past week but not writing them down. Itís been one of those weird times where Iíve once again had some brain fog, been busy and just not sure what I wanted to accomplish this round. Iím still not sure, but Iím running out of time to get them done in time for the weekend challenge. Nothing like leaving it for the last minute, huh? This is a 12 week challenge so each of these goals are going to be accomplished in that 12 week timeframe.
SMART goals, as everyone probably knows by now, are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, and Relevant & Timely. So I want to be healthy and active. Thatís my main goal however that isnít very SMART. So hereís how Iím going to achieve that.
1. Since this is a weight loss challenge of course there is going to be a weight loss goal. I want to lose a minimum of 5 lbs which will put me at 155 and a few ounces.
2. I will be strength training a minimum of 2 times a week consistently whether using Spark exercises or a Bob Harper dvd that incorporates strength training and cardio, or a Coach Nicole video by the end of these 12 weeks.
3. I will declutter my kitchen 15 minutes a day and have it sustainably clean by the end of the 12 week challenge. This is a small goal again, but if I can do this I can start using the kitchen more.
4. I will cook breakfast at home at least 4 days, lunch 2 days & dinner 3 days minimum a week consistently. (I am adding 1 Ė 2 days a week to what I do now for each meal. So that tells you how much I eat out right now.)
5. I will maintain my gluten free diet. Allowing no ďcheatĒ days. Iíve been building to this. I havenít had a meal with gluten/wheat for several weeks now. I want to live this way, although it is sometimes hard.
I think that is enough to work on for 12 weeks. I donít want to burn myself out. Most of these are interconnected so they should be synergistic.