Monday, June 10, 2013
I think we might have skipped Summer...it's a very cold blustery day outdoors today! I don't mind the rain so much, it's the wind that is crazy! Our poor neighbors decided to attempt to put up a metal shed late yesterday afternoon. Admittedly the wind was not quite so strong when they started, but all they got up was the four walls (sort of), no roof on the structure. With the wind we had last night, we got to listen to the creaking and bending of metal and this morning as I looked out the window, there are (sort of) three sides still standing the fourth side is on the ground. Not sure how much they are going to be able to straighten out and still use.
My tomato plants were blown over but no real damage done to them. The wind is still blowing something fierce and the rain is certainly sticking around for today too.
Temperature was on the very cool side yesterday and even cooler this morning. Only plus 8.
1. The wind did not do any damage to my plants and they are all safely sheltered now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. Today, I will really appreciate my underground parking stall as I won't have to brave the wind and rain as I walk to work. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. This rain is very good for all the plants, gardens and greenery that surrounds us. Fire danger is vastly reduced. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. Garry and I made a Costco run yesterday and I was able to pick up some more fresh fruit. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. We had the girls over on the weekend and had lots of fun sitting around the kitchen table sharing memories and such. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the blessing of our children.
6. Garry and I took a nice little drive on Saturday afternoon and had the opportunity to tour a house that we had admired on line. Love the floor plan, but the biggest draw back for us was the lack of natural light. Even on a sunny day, they had to turn lights on so that it wasn't in the dark. I need natural sunlight! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the opportunity.
7. I'm looking forward to a busy day at work today. Being busy is the way I like to have my day turn out. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. Although my steps were much less than usual on a weekend, I was very good about my food intake. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I am blessed to have so many positive people in my life. I'm learning to recognize quickly situations that are moving in the negative direction and take steps to correct where I am in them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I am blessed with a new day of life. Lord, thank you for the opportunity to plant my feet firmly in the garden of life and stand strong with You by my side. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a wonderful day, hope your day is filled with moments that you cherish.