According to my goal, I have 3 weeks to lose 5 lbs. It's not a daunting goal, by any means, but considering I've been averaging 1.5 lbs/wk, it means I need to step it up a bit. Aack!
I've settled into an easy weightloss lifestyle. It's one I know I can maintain, but I'd take YEARS to reach my end goal. (My yet-to-be-published-or-even-sa
a-little-drem-in-the-back-of-my-mind Goal) So I'm going to embark on a few mini-challenges (starting tomorrow, of course) to reach my 250lb by June 30 goal, or exceed it!
8 glasses of water EVERY DAY!
No high-fat salty foods (fried food)
No sweets - exception: 1 pack 100-cal snack on weekdays
Track the above as SparkStreaks
Challenges to overcome:
1. I currently use the above vices but stay within my calorie range. I will have to find other foods that keep my calories and satisfaction up. This means changing my grocery list and deliberately looking for other healthy foods that I enjoy.
2. My @$%#ing period. That can bring with it a week or more of extreme exhaustion and unbearable cravings for all the above foods. I'm ok right now, but give it 2 weeks. Ugh. I don't think there's any way around that except to push through. Hopefully by then I will have developed a fondness for other non-bloating foods.
Things that will make these challenges easier:
1. I don't have any public events where there will be food planned for the next 3 weeks. (I hate drawing attention to myself by not eating what everyone else is eating...even in small portions)
2. I am quite physically active right now....lots of work on the farm yard for evenings and weekends, and I'm riding the horses a few times a week.
3. It's something new! I can't be bored!!
Wish me luck.