Well, I learned a lot from yesterday’s blog. You, my friends, are making such a difference in my life. Here’s my plan:
1. I only drink unpasteurized organic milk now. I’ll cut back, and still have a little during the next 6 weeks. I’ll also keep the Greek Yogurt in my diet. I’ve never had any problem with milk in my diet, but I’ll lean more towards the almond milk.
2. What I’m taking out of my diet is all white flour, sugar, and all junk foods.
3. Things I WON’T give up: alcohol (I have 2-3 small swigs from my husband’s beer each night.) and coffee (I have one cup each morning).
4. I’ll drink more than my usual 8 glasses of water, ad keep my exercise levels high during the 6 weeks.
5. Yoga and deep breathing every day.
6. Every week, I’ll add one new food to my diet slowly. This week I added
7. I’m not going to consult my Dr. on this. I’m not going to do anything that is drastic except eat a healthier diet. I don’t see how this can hurt me. I will eat a balanced diet during the cleanse.
This is MY plan, based on Dr. Mark Hyman’s cleanse in his book The Blood Sugar Solution. I will refer to his book during the 6 weeks.
What I want to get out of the cleanse:
1. More energy.
2. Clearer thinking.
3. Lower glucose readings. Generally, readings are 110. I had one recently at 200. WOW! I did not like that at all. I want my readings to be below 100. 80 is my dream number. Once I get numbers consistently under 100, I’ll aim lower.
4. I want a long, healthy life. The decisions that I make today will affect my life next year.
There are many more mountains to climb! I want to keep myself in tip top shape to climb them. This is the only body that I get, and I'm learning how to care for her properly.