Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.


    WENDYJM4   161,650
SparkPoints
100,000 or more SparkPoints
 
 
8th June 2013

Saturday, June 08, 2013

Thank you for all of the comments on my last blog. I am still confused LOL. So many questions and no answers.

The problems occurred after I had my ultrasound as they can see something in that one. I could see this in the ultrasound yesterday. I then had the CT scan but because they cannot use contrast because of kidneys, all they could see was a denser area in the same place as the ultrasound.

I had the ultrasound and CT sent to my Nephrologist and also spoke to him and told him what the result said on the ultrasound. My Nephrologist spoke to the head of the team that I am now under at another hospital, these two decided that it is kidney cancer and the kidney needs to be removed. Really I think these two doctors would or should know what it is.

The doctor I saw yesterday is only a Registrar, yes I know he is a doctor but is he as good as the other two Specialist. Is he being more cautious as he knows what will happen if the kidney is removed, dialysis. You would think if this is what the head doctor decided he would have spoken to the Registrar before my appointment. He did say there is no hurry. He also said that there is a high probability of it being cancer.

By the (Doctor) Net LOL if you have had kidney cancer once you do usually get it again.

I know I should have asked more questions and I usually do but I think I went into shock listening to the Registrar talk and knowing what the Nephrologist said last week. Two totally different outcomes.

The things I don't like about the two Specialist is that they wanted to remove the kidney before the end of the month. What happens if they are wrong, they cannot reserve the procedure. Was this decision too quick?

Why haven't they organised a biopsy? Been no mention of this.

Also another thing I do not like is that I am having the fistula raised in 9 days time, it would not be healed by the end of the month and they would have to start to use it. Is there a possibility of infections?


I do believe that the Nephrologist is right with the diagnosis but I still would like to have it proven before they take the drastic step and remove the kidney.

I also believe that the biggest problem is too many hospitals is involved in and they are dealing with each other over the phone.

All I know is that I am confused but I have more time before I start dialysis.

I know the first thing I said to my father as I was walking out of the hospital is "that I am now completely confused".

Totally unreal

SHARE
  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

ARTJAC 6/12/2013 6:04AM

    emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
LIFE-FAITH 6/10/2013 12:40PM

    Wendy,
reading how confused you are and pretty much you know what you want - I want to encourage you to get some answers - then ask if a biopsy is doable... before they remove your kidney!

Take care and please keep us posted!
emoticon

Jean


Report Inappropriate Comment
CHINAGAL 6/9/2013 8:26AM

    Bless your heart! It sounds like you need a sounding board - someone with medical experience to review the situation and help make sense of it.
emoticon Edna

Report Inappropriate Comment
1CRAZYDOG 6/8/2013 9:24PM

    Oh sweetie. I know when I'm in a frightening, confusing situation, I write EVERYTHING down. That makes my brain slow down and process information.

Definitely write down your questions so you can ask them. I think your questions and concerns are totally valid!

HUGS and get some rest.

Report Inappropriate Comment
MELROSE13 6/8/2013 7:26PM

    Maybe a 3rd and 4th opinion is in order..confusion is not something you want when you are talking about any organ in your body, especially the removal of your kidney. Sending positive vibes your way!

Report Inappropriate Comment
FELINEBETTER 6/8/2013 1:09PM

    Hang in there, Girl! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
RDEE22 6/8/2013 7:26AM

    Oh Wendy what a dilemma for you. Do you not have your personal GP who will go into it with them and make some sense of it all. Thinking of you. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
APED7969 6/8/2013 5:39AM

    Ask lots of questions. If feasible I would think a biopsy would be a good idea. There may be a reason they don't want to do one like seeding the tumour elsewhere but I'd want to be sure it is a tumour before removing the kidney. Especially if that means you will absolutely mean dialysis. I'm sure you should be able to call either doctor now you've had time to formulate your questions. Or at the very least book another appointment with them prior to surgery.

Report Inappropriate Comment
SUSIEPH1 6/8/2013 3:19AM

    emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
MOTLEM 6/8/2013 3:07AM

    emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
POPSY190 6/8/2013 3:01AM

    This is a terrible situation for you. Is there any possibility of ringing your own specialist to ask some of these questions? ie about biopsy etc. Worrying about it all is going to be counter productive and you have a right to have questions answered.

Report Inappropriate Comment
SILVERANGEL6 6/8/2013 2:58AM

    Love you, Wendy...try to get some rest tonight...
Love & Light

Sylvi emoticon a xoxoxo

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post


Log in to post a comment.
 


Other Entries by WENDYJM4