I've been so incredibly busy. Which is great, I love to be busy, especially with positive stuff. Had my brother's family visiting for a month. It was great! Just a few of the over fifty great shots I got of my adorable nieces:
Ferris wheels are so fun!
Biggest slide ever!
I love these sweethearts so much. Wish they lived closer.
I am leaving for the weekend early tomorrow. I'm really excited about getting out of town. I need a little getaway. Taking all of my own food since I am still eating wheat free, and intend to for a very long time. I feel soooo much better eating this way, it's almost crazy the difference.
I plan on getting atleast one good hike in while I'm gone, more if possible, but it's gonna be pretty hot. Hottest weekend we've had this year. Man I sure know how to schedule vacation time!!! Wish we could have been meeting at the beach!!!
I'm bound and determined to have fun, no matter how hot it is.
Fit mins have been going OK. The scale is at a standstill, which is not fun. But I feel really good about what I'm eating, and the fact that I'm exercising atleast twice as much as I was a few months ago, so that's good. I need to kick up the calorie busting activities a little more though. Consistency, consistency.
Read a quick blurb the other day about all the woes of not getting enough water. Wow, I knew I felt better when I drink water, but the list of what can go wrong when we don't is shocking. Actually, I'll see if I can post it here.
Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I’ve never seen it written like this before. and REMEMBER if you "SHARE" this post it will SAVE on your personal page so you can refer to it later.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
And now for the properties of COKE
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7.. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?
Most of us know wether we will choose water or Coke. But some of this info is pretty instersting.
Hope the summer is treating you all well. Cheers to summertime!!!!