Friday, June 07, 2013
Goals for BLC-22
June 5 – August 28, 2013
Well, blogging’s not on my to-do list today, and I haven’t really tackled much of it, but here I am on my couch, feet up, ‘puter on my lap, tap-tap-tapping away… Soon the computer will be on the table & I’ll be planning the kids’ summer & registering them for all sorts of stuff… But first things first, haha…
My assignment: “Now is the time to set your BLC 22 goals for the next 12 weeks. Blog it, tell it to your team, be sure to set S.M.A.R.T Goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound).”
Ha. I just reviewed my 3rd quarter check-up blog from last round (previous blog), & I’m pretty much at the same place I was on March 22. What is that, 11 or 12 weeks? I let the word “wasted” cross my mind for a second, but they’re really not “wasted” weeks… just maybe “maintained”?? I did start going to harder-core fitness classes during that time, but that’s about it…
So… Here are my BLC-22 Goals:
• FABULOUS, FIT & 50 – I need to get back on track to hit healthy BMI (& below!) by my 50th birthday at the end of October. I have about 30 lbs to go to hit healthy, & just over 4 mos to do it. My leisurely 5 lb/month pace is over. I have to really step it up!! I wanted to be in my cuter, smaller summer clothes by now, darn it!!
• Lose 12+ lbs by August 28. That’s a pound a week, & puts me into the 180s. However, I set a goal on Runkeeper to lose 20 lbs in these 12 weeks. And, as we all know, in order to lose either 12 or 20 or any lbs, we need to have a plan…
• Continue w/ the my current exercise regimen
. . . o Jazzercise Saturday mornings & Monday evenings
. . . o Summer Shape-Up classes (Wednesday, June 12-July 17). Not really “boot camp,” but outdoor ST w/ a trainer. She’s big into HIIT & 1-minute circuit training
. . . o My ½-hour walks during our lunch break at work (hiking up hills!!)
. . . o Longer walks on the weekends
• Add 1 more independent ST session/week, probably on Fridays, and then on Wednesdays after Summer Shape Up is complete. We do a bit of ST in Jazzercise, but I think that needs to be supplemented a little bit more…
• Track my food…. There. I said it Ugh. I really don’t wanna be chained to the computer as much, but I gotta admit, it works. I’m not gonna be as strict about my calorie range & get all neurotic about it like I have in the past (but I will try to support my team during w’end challenges), so I’m allowing myself some wiggle room. I’m gonna be less OCD about weighing my food & be more ball-parkish, just to give myself some freedom from what has been the bondage of calorie counting.
• Drink 64+ oz water/day. I was just in another challenge where we were drinking half our body weight in oz/day. I was drinking 100+ oz of water/day! I looked it up, & it’s actually recommended by some well-reputed medical websites. It can be done. I have done it. I want to continue to do it. Many times when I think I’m hungry, I’m actually thirsty. Hmmm… I’m actually craving water right now! :-)
• Finish “Made to Crave” and then read it again.
I think that about covers it.
Gotta go change the laundry & tackle that to-do list!!
1 – 2 – 3…