BLC 22: SMART Goals
Friday, June 07, 2013
For this first weekend challenge of the BLC 22, weíve been asked to set SMART goals for the next 12 weeks (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound). I must confess that before we got started, I sat down and decided I should have 22 goals. You know, since itís BLC TWENTY-TWO...
I looked at those goals again this morning and decided that they arenít very SMART. Some of them are great, but 22 of them? I donít think I could remember them all! So Iím going with my lucky number: 6 goals.
Here they are:
1. Lose 10 pounds by the end of the challenge (by August 28).
2. Be able to do 100 push-ups by the end of the challenge (Iím at 30 now).
3. Create at least 3 vision boards: one for each month of the challenge. More is okay too. Also blog on SP at least once a week (thatís kinda two goals, but theyíre similar).
4. Exercise every day, at least for 20 minutes. Even if thatís a 20-minute walk around the block with the dog. Thatís 20 minutes.
5. Keep wheat, sugar, and most dairy out of my diet for the whole 12 weeks.
6. Get 7-9 hours of sleep at least 5 nights a week for the whole 12 weeks.
Yeah, I can do this. Iím working on the first vision board now. Itíll be posted soon...