BLC 22: SMART Goals
Friday, June 07, 2013
For this first weekend challenge of the BLC 22, we’ve been asked to set SMART goals for the next 12 weeks (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound). I must confess that before we got started, I sat down and decided I should have 22 goals. You know, since it’s BLC TWENTY-TWO...
I looked at those goals again this morning and decided that they aren’t very SMART. Some of them are great, but 22 of them? I don’t think I could remember them all! So I’m going with my lucky number: 6 goals.
Here they are:
1. Lose 10 pounds by the end of the challenge (by August 28).
2. Be able to do 100 push-ups by the end of the challenge (I’m at 30 now).
3. Create at least 3 vision boards: one for each month of the challenge. More is okay too. Also blog on SP at least once a week (that’s kinda two goals, but they’re similar).
4. Exercise every day, at least for 20 minutes. Even if that’s a 20-minute walk around the block with the dog. That’s 20 minutes.
5. Keep wheat, sugar, and most dairy out of my diet for the whole 12 weeks.
6. Get 7-9 hours of sleep at least 5 nights a week for the whole 12 weeks.
Yeah, I can do this. I’m working on the first vision board now. It’ll be posted soon...