Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

    WENDYJM4   171,625
100,000 or more SparkPoints
more confusred than ever LOL

Friday, June 07, 2013

Hi, got back from Adelaide about 4pm after seeing the urology Registrar.

More confused than ever now as the Registrar is really not certain whether it is kidney cancer. But when I said what my Nephrologist said last week that it is kidney cancer his answer was it is a probability. One thing I am pleased about is that he is organising a MRI scan. I would rather be certain that it is KC. Anyhow this usually take 2 to 3 months for a MRI so I have this much longer to be dialysis free.

My Nephrologist had spoken to one of the head doctor at this hospital and they had decided that the kidney will be taken out by the end of this month which I was not happy about as it was too quick. The Registrar did comment that my kidney function is stable and that if they remove the kidney it would put me over the end and onto dialysis.

One of my friends suggested that I ring my Nephrologist next week to tell him what the Registrar said. But then this is the doctor who said that the kidney needs to come out by the end of the month. I do wonder if the head doctor corresponded with the Registrar.

I would love to be here at home when my next grandchild is born next month. (Dwayne’s child). Can’t wait for this event to happen.

So still none the wiser. So hopefully now I can finish of my house. LOL

I do still have the fistula raised on Monday week. This also was worrying me as I have this done on the 17th June was supposed to lose my kidney just after this, my arm would not have been healed by this time and they would have to start putting needles in it. At least the arm will have time to heal properly.

take care and have a great weekend
love Wendy
  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

ARTJAC 6/12/2013 6:00AM

    emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
SILVERANGEL6 6/8/2013 2:56AM

    Oh, my, what a wonder you're confused....I'd be doing what the other ladies have suggested, ask questions & let no-one take it out until they are sure, and in agreement....If the MRI is the way to show for definite, then go for that....please don't worry, dear least try not to, I know it's hard to do, Keep yo the meditations, get out for some fresh air & keep up the fresh food eating....Who knows, maybe the healing team will help you....lots of people there sending healing to you...
Including ME!! LOL...As always, dearest....
Love & Light, try to have a restful and happy evening, I will be thinking of you..
Sylvia xoxoxo

emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
GRAMMAP1 6/8/2013 2:00AM

    Your plight certainly is confusing. It w0uld make us feel better if our Doctors were in agreement. That's why my hubby says it is medical PRACTICE! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
CLAIRE_LEFT_SP 6/7/2013 11:04PM

    3 months for an MRI?? Wow! Why would they take the kidney before they can do an MRI? This IS confusing.

Report Inappropriate Comment
SUSIEPH1 6/7/2013 9:49PM

    I think you need to see your doctor and get him to sort all this out before you agree to any surgery ..
Would be awful to have the kidney taken if it was ok .

Thinking of you Darling .. Try and have a relaxing weekend ..
emoticon emoticon Always in my heart .Susie

Report Inappropriate Comment
MOTLEM 6/7/2013 9:34PM


Report Inappropriate Comment
CHINAGAL 6/7/2013 7:28PM

    Good grief, that IS confusing. My only advise is to keep asking questions and insisting on answers. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Report Inappropriate Comment
1CRAZYDOG 6/7/2013 5:07PM

    Oh my heavens! I would definitely get something in writing from the Registrar so i's there in black-and-white. Then approach your Nephrologist. IF you're not satisfied, I would not hesitate for another opinion. This is not something (obviously you know this!) that you want to have done unless it is NECESSARY.

Sending good vibes your way and praying for a good outcome for you.


Report Inappropriate Comment
1BEACHWALKER 6/7/2013 2:58PM

    That's Dr.'s for you...hope they get there act together and help you not feel confused. Take care ...enjoy your weekend. Stay positive! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
LIFE-FAITH 6/7/2013 1:17PM

    emoticon I hope this is all straightened out soon for you Wendy!

Take care!

Report Inappropriate Comment
PHEBESS 6/7/2013 9:56AM

    Wow, I'd be confused too!

Is there any way to get these two drs to talk to each other? Or maybe a conference call with you included? It sounds as if the two of them are talking crosswise over you!

Report Inappropriate Comment
FELINEBETTER 6/7/2013 9:51AM

    Hi Wendy!
You really wish these drs could get it together -- especially when it's your life they're talking about! What's important though is that you're home right now and coping very well. I sincerely hope that you'll be home for the arrival of the new grand child too. In the meantime, just keep doing as you're doing -- cuz you're doing great! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
ZENRYAKU 6/7/2013 8:34AM

    Hope your results and diagnosis get resolved soon. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
GOANNA2 6/7/2013 7:44AM

    Oh my! That is so confusing for you Wendy. I hope
the specialists get together and come to a decision
and not leave you hanging waiting for an answer.
I just hope you get some rest and can enjoy your
weekend. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
RDEE22 6/7/2013 7:32AM

    How confusing for you Wendy. I do hope those Specialists communicate with each other. emoticon

Comment edited on: 6/7/2013 7:32:29 AM

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

Log in to post a comment.

Other Entries by WENDYJM4