I am at a point where I have to change my lifestyle in order to live a more productive life. I look back over my younger life and I miss the energy and how spontaneous I once was. This challenge is what I need to keep me accountable and on track with my journey to a better me. I hope to get out of this challenge, a better outlook to living healthier by eating properly, getting some exercise and drinking enough water daily.
Goals: Long and Short term
1. Get my psyche right!!
2. Eat healthy.. (at ALL meals)
3. Stay consistent with my exercise.
4. Drink 8 or more cups of water per day.
5. Surround myself with positive people that
How am I going to accomplish my goals??
1. It is a daily struggle to combat my old habits and self doubt. I am listening to people that have been where I am and to those that offer their support and encouragement. I have to say, losing weight/ living a healthier lifestyle is the hardest part of the journey. So I'll learned to take it one day at time and to be HONEST with myself about my actions, thoughts and feelings.
2. Eating, for me, goes hand in hand with keeping my psyche right. I know what I have to eat in order to lose weight and be healthy. I have (and will continue to) commit to eating better and NOT to overeat and lose my confidence when I mess up on a meal or two.
3. I really like to exercise!! I just let my busy schedule stand in my way sometimes. From this point on, I will schedule my workouts in advance and use my free days to get all my errands and other duties done. I plan to start off exercising 4-5 days a week and will try new varieties of exercising.
4. To help me with my goal of drinking 8 cups or more of water each day, I have purchased a big water bottle to carry around all day. I can drink out of it all day and when it is finished, I would've drank more than what is recommended.
5. I plan to surround myself with positive people by participating in the on-line chats from my BLC22 support team, Ivory Falcons. There are also friends and family that know (understand) what I am trying to accomplish in my weight loss journey. I am very receptive to helpful advice and I also offer advice and tips that have worked for me. It takes a village!!