Day 10 - Why am I here?
Thursday, June 06, 2013
I've been flopping basically all the time so I thought that I ought to lay out exactly why I am here. Why I am doing this.
- Because I feel better when I am healthy. My head is clearer, I feel fresher, I am more productive, I am less grumpy. I am just a better version of me.
- My skin is clearer when I eat better.
- The feeling when I manage things I couldn't use to do. The feeling when I finish a run or a set of reps. The feeling when I can run faster or further than someone else.
- I am sick of being judged for my terrible eating habits. I am better than that and people should know it. :D
- I really don't want anyone else to ask me if I'm pregnant. I've had quite enough of that, thank you.
- My dad has a lot of problems with his knees and my mum's family have a lot of health problems. Better to get into healthy habits now than to face the consequences later.
- I am sick of looking at other women and thinking, god, if only I looked like her. It's not fair on me or them!
- Because I am 19 and I don't feel comfortable in clothes for people my age. I don't want to wear a bikini this summer, I don't like the way I look in tight clothes or short dresses.
- Because I'd really like my boobs to shrink!!
- Because the lessons I learn here are very important to the rest of my life.
- Because I will study better and work better if I am healthy.
- Because I'd want to be able to survive if I fell into a fantasy novel.
- Because I hate being sick.
But mostly, because I am not happy with where I am now.