Excuses excuses excuses.....
Thursday, June 06, 2013
The most common excuses that get in the way of my workouts are:
1. Not enough time in the day! - This one USED to be one of my favorites, however I have already countered it by working out during my lunch everyday!
2. Not enough energy/motivation to workout. - This one still gets me, I do still workout every day during my lunch, and I don't have a problem making it to these workouts, but it's my running of an evening that suffers. I have found to counter this on, I registered for a mud run, and have set up a training schedule to follow. It is working great! I have only missed one run, and I will hit that excuse next.
3. Unexpected company came over and stayed way too long. Ok, to counter this one, I am going to do my run of an evening as soon as I get home from work. On the weekends, I just have to get up early and get my run in.
4. This one hasn't been a problem yet, but I can see it getting there: I don't want to workout by myself. My husband has been running with me, which is great, but 3 of my lunch time workout classes have been cancelled. I have been using my ipod and that seems to work for the time being. I hope it continues to work!!
5. Another one would be cost. I really enjoy my yoga and pilates. The only way I can see to counter this one is to use my ipod for my yoga (Yoga studio is awesome) and try to push myself for the pilates (although, I don't push as hard as my teacher).
I am doing pretty good at countering my own excuses. I knew from the beginning that they would arise, and I told myself to try to not let them get in the way of my workouts. That is the main thing that keeps me motivated. I am also afraid that if I start coming up with excuses, then my motivation will fail, and I will be back to where I started. That is motivation in itself and it keeps me going!!!
Good luck to all of you that are trying to crush your excuses!