Thursday, June 06, 2013
So I just deleted all of my previous entries from 2009 since that was a different time and I was a different person. Here I am, four years later, and in the last few weeks, I've started trying to become fit again. Here's what I've learned so far...
1. My body really likes being stuck at 125 lbs. It's not a terrible thing, though my goal is 118. However, I'm gaining more muscle, so at least my body is changing.
2. The FitBit is actually changing my behavior. I take more stairs and I've started consistently parking further away at work. I sometimes think that my FitBit must be wrong because it's pretty easy to get 10,000 steps a day even though I have a job where I sit all day.
3. I want to be a runner. After being sidelined for the last week or so from C25K because of a foot/ankle injury, my body craves being outside. I have a goal of doing a 5K by the end of this year. I just wish I'd heal.
4. I'm addicted to 30 Day Shred because I do feel myself getting stronger. The first day was really hard. Even though I did have to break a little yesterday on Day 5, everything is getting easier. And my body doesn't hurt as much.
5. I walk with more of a purpose, especially around work. Though I still like wandering through the woods, I really enjoy cranking around the lake listening to some music. My route forces me to climb two staircases, and I actually look forward to them.
6. Calorie counting is still a bitch. I'm in the stage where half the time I think I must be eating too much; the other half of the time I think I eat too little.
7. While I love riding my new bike, I never can figure out where I belong. I feel uncomfortable on the street and on the sidewalk. Eventually I just want to feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be.
8. I just want to keep up and become more fit. How I look isn't even that important. I honestly want to just be stronger, more flexible, and actually be able to run for more than a couple minutes without feeling like I'm going to die.
9. Running stores are awesome, but it sucks that they have to special order wide shoes. Seriously, WTF? I want some instant gratification here...