June: Enjoying Being Me
Wednesday, June 05, 2013
Happy June! I am keeping up with my monthly goal blogs, taking look back at the previous month and looking ahead to the next month. I am also taking stock of how I am doing on my 2013 goals.
This year is flying by! I can't believe that teh year is almost half over and that it is almost my birthday. I have really seeing a huge difference in my motivation and mood when we do have the nice weather. Sunny days I am happy and excited to get some workout on outside and on rainy days i am less motivated.
How has your month been? I feel like I am making progress. Binging has been at a minimum lately, really only think I did it once last month, which is amazing. Honestly, I think that has been my biggest accomplishment over the last few months on this journey. I was not seeing progress on the scale and with the emotional eating somewhat in check I started tracking food again (I was finding that it was leading to binges so I put it on hold a few months ago). So far I am doing well and not obsessing too much, hopefully that continues. The weight is starting to come off again, slowly, so hopefully the trend continues. I will keep you posted!
First off, the weight goals:
May 2013 Start Weight: 172.6
MayEnd Goal Weight: 168
May End/June Start Weight: 169 (one lb shy but it is steadily going down (not the constant up and down), so I am happy!)
June End Goal Weight: 165
How did I do?
1. Strength Train Twice a Week on top of Curves: I got in at least one a week but with running and and geneal soreness I listened to my body, espeically after the injuries earlier in the year
2. STICK TO AN EATING SCHEDULE AT WORK: I did great with this. It is really helping with the binging.
3.Finish out the C25K and set a new running plan from there: I finished the first one and then took a few weeks off to rest and due to not so great weather. I have started the 4-week running program and hope to finish that out this month.
1. Strength Train Twice a Week on top of Curves: I got it in once a week last month and I am going to try to up it to atleast twice a week this month if my body is not yelling at me. Curves I great as a base but I think I need more on top of that to build the strength.
2. ENJOY MY FAMILY/FRIEND TIME WITHOUT GOING OVERBOARD: I have a lot of "gatherings" this month with summer weather, my birthday, father's day, and a weekend away so I really want to enjoy the time and be happy. I think that is what I need for me. I will try to not go overboard but also not beat myslef up when I indulge a little.
3.Finish out the C25K and set a new running plan from there: I started the new program and want to finish it out strong! I am really trying to SLOWLY get back into running so I do not get hurt again but I want to keep pushing myself as well soi get better. I am doing a color run at the end of August and may sign up for other races as well!
2013 goal checkin:
I would also like to taking a monthly look at my 2013 goals so that I do not forget about them.
1. Goal weight by the end of the year of 145 (start 174): Its going down, but I have to step it up if I want to meet my goal!
2. Work out 5 Days a Week: Doing well with this. I am doing some form of exercise most days (usually at least 6 days!)
3. Learn to be a mindful eater: goal for this month but I think I am improving. I tracking food again but I am listening to my body better as of late, which has felt nice....I am kinda proud of myself.
4. Declutter my apartment: Making progress but still want to step this up a little
5. Read more: 1-The Help, 2- The Hunger Games, 3-Break No Bones, 4-Catching Fire, 5-, 6-, 7-, 8-, 9-, 10-, 11-, 12-
6. Take a breath: Need to work on this one but doing a little better.
Well, thats all folks! Hope everyone has a great June! We can do this!