BLC 22, here I am!
Wednesday, June 05, 2013
We start BLC 22 today, so I had to step on the scale (I've benn avoiding in these past 2 weeks.) I was not suprised to see 195.3 lb but I was not happy.
I've been eating TONS of carbs lately, and I really need to take the control back.
Here's my plan for the challenge:
- Track! I'm very bad at this but now that it gives points, I really want to stick with that habit.
- Limit my carbs intake to one meal (I'm talking about bread/pasta/rice/potatoes here).
- Now that summer is here, eat a salad per day.
- Go to the market to get fresh produces.
- Prep in advance, cook in batch, become a pro in the no-excuse cooking.
- Stick to the minimum of 20 minutes/5 days a week streak. I will be a streaker this time!
- Follow my training program for my 10k in september.
- Start and finish both pushup (100) and situps (200) challenges.
- Use my bike when I want to go somewhere near (save on gas and burn some calories, double win!)
- Take any opportunity to be active, be it a walk in the park, playing with my nephew, swiming in my parents' pool, anything.
I've set a very, very, very attainable goal for this challenge. I want to lose 10 pounds. I can do that. I'm not setting myself up for failure this time with a too big goal. Of course, I need to stop thinking I be at my goal weight by Christmas... It's very unlikely to happen and I must accept it. I'm hoping that losing again will help me see that even if I'm not getting there in the time frame I had in mind, at least I'm going somewhere!
To all my Vikings: Let's ROCK THE BOAT!
And to all BLCers: Have a good time, and it will be a pleasure for us Vikings to beat your team ;)
Have a nice day and have a nice glass of water right now, to start all this the right way!