Tuesday, June 04, 2013
Foot still no better but I did manage to eat healthily today so that's a step in the right direction!
Anyway, I've mentioned a couple of times that my mother and I are both going to do Cassie Ho's (Blogilates) june calendar this month. And honestly, I'm so pleased. I've actually looked at a couple of her previous calendars but I always wimped out thinking "oh, who has time for that" and so on. And that is not fair to myself! Because I do have time and I deserve to be challenged.
So I am really pleased that we're doing this. For several reasons!
- Because I'm doing it with my mum, there's that extra pressure to make myself do it and also extra support for when I don't want to. I work much better with her than on my own.
- I feel like this will actually challenge me and force me out of my comfort zone as it's pretty different to what I normally do.
- This is really going to kick start a strength routine for me, which is something I've really been slacking on lately. I don't know why, because I know how important it is. I always feel so proud of myself when I get stronger so I really ought to push myself more.
- It's going to kill me. I did day 1 on Sunday (abs and arms) and my shoulder blades (I KNOW! Weird, right?) actually ache today (In a healthy way, not an injured way). And I love that feeling. It makes me feel strong and powerful and I know I am going to feel like that basically all month! So happy!
- Because the exercises are all set out for me, there's no fuss. I just do what I'm told and that'll really take a load off.
- It's going to work for me, despite the fact that I've hurt my foot.
So all in all, I'm a happy bunny. And I do think that that is almost solely down to the fact that it's a new, exciting challenge. It's challenges that show you how much stronger you are and that's an amazing feeling.
What's your current challenge? Health related, mental or other!