What's My Motivation?
Monday, June 03, 2013
Spark Coach asked the question is my session today: "What will be different when you've lost the weight?"
So what will be different? Now that I've hit the upper level of my maintenance range, I notice that I'm more cheerful and have more energy. I don't seem to stress out if I miss a workout, and I can easily substitute foods here and there to stay within calorie ranges without starving. Yet...what exactly is my goal?
What I can do better at maintenance weight:
* Teach my daughter to run
* Go into a black belt test with very little anxiety about performance
* Take on physical challenges (like the Zombie Mud Run)
* Teach my daughter to play tennis
* Teach my son to ride a two-wheel bike (all that running alongside him!)
Why I feel better at maintenance weight:
* Clothes fit better - No tight, stretched-out areas
* More energy
* More hope -- I rarely feel like "Forget it, it's already ruined, just give up." Instead, when I do splurge, I can laugh about it and plan for lower calories/harder workout the next day.
I think that's it. More hope. Life does not cave in on me anymore. I can handle sorrow and happiness equally. I don't want to punish myself for eating two and a half dinner rolls. I don't want to punish myself at all.
That's the hurdle. What's my motivation? Loving my life and my body -- all of it -- without hesitation.
What's YOUR motivation? I'd love to know!