Sunday, June 02, 2013
Been away on work travels for a month, overjoyed to find I've only returned with a couple of extra pounds, despite a lot of bread and cheese!
I was in a great routine before I left, and need to get back into it! So here's the deal:
1. Back to Lyn-Genet The Plan lite for a while.
2. Roast veg, fruit, flax seed, cut dairy
3. Back to gym and/or bike/running
The change of lifestyle during the month was quite a contrast, so here's what I've learned from it.
1. Big breakfast and tiny evening meals works for me.
2. Lots of sleep helps me think more creatively.
3. Being away from TV/adverts/big shops is so refreshing - a mind holiday.
It will be hard to hold onto some of that, but I aim to cut TV time to a minimum and read more.
Also, have been reading a great book recently: Pema Chodron - The Places that Scare You. It's a simplified guide to Buddhist meditation and is mainly about how our thoughts influence our mood and behaviour so much, yet are only ephemeral vapour. That includes cravings and self-criticism :) I've understood this in theory, but this book seems practical as well as compassionate - worth a look!
Have a great June, all!