Saturday, June 01, 2013
I just got back from my 1 mile walk - it's noon on 06.01.13 and it took me 20 minutes to hoof it, which makes it a 24 minute mile. That's great, considering I hate to walk so I decided it was time to think about what I do like about walking. I can tell you it took me a few minutes to get past the hated parts.
So here is my list and I hope I can make it grow, but this is pulling positive things from a very negative thinking brain right now - another thing I am working on is becoming more positive. I can be positive, but the negative seems to just spring out when I least expect it.
What do I like about a Walk?
1. Gives me time to think without anyone else contributing
2. Gives me a sense of accomplishment
3. It's 1 thing I can cross off the To Do List
4. It Wakes me up!
5. It changes my chemical balance - I get more energetic
6. It gives me some self-pride - something I was taught not to have
7. It makes me sweat - something I hate but is actually useful
8. It makes me hot so I want to drink water - when I am otherwise not thirsty.
I would like for there to be 10 items, but I got 8 so I'm happy about that, considering I could only think of negative things a few minutes ago.
So off to the rest of my work with a happier me and a more positive brain! Now where did I put that paint brush?