Saturday, June 01, 2013
On January 1st I posted a blog detailing some areas in my life I want to focus on this year. Another goal I have is to take a few minutes at the end of each month and see how I did. Don't want my goals to be forgotten as the year wears on.
1. Continue to exercise and eat well - Did great here this month. Got my 1000 minutes of exercise in for the month. I purchased the Les Mills Pump set and am loving these new strength training dvds. Now that it is staying light out later I am running more outside and really enjoying that. Still eating most of our meals at home and limiting my alcohol.
2. Be productive at the office and at home - I had a very stressful month at work. Had a big thing at the end of the month. I worked hard and focused and my big thing went perfect! Lots of other things got put on hold. Will have to really focus on catching up in June. Home was good. Did a decent job sticking to the 2 week housework schedule.
3. More quality time with the girls - I feel like I slipped here this month. I was very tired from my work drama and spent more time laying on the couch than I should have. Now school is out and we can party!!
4. Pay off debt - Didn't make any progress here. We have lost our "gazelle intensity" that Dave Ramsey talks about. Mostly focusing on having money for summer trips that probably should be put on hold until we have more debt paid down. Will make more of an effort here in June.
5. Encourage others - Need improvement here. This month was mostly about not letting my world go to hell while dealing with work. Didn't have much energy to put towards others. Will work harder here.
6. Patience - I don't feel like I did well here this month. I can remember several times off of the top of my head that I was short with Mom and the girls. Probably DH too.
I knew that May would be rough due to my work project. However, I was able to exercise, eat well, and keep my housework done. June is going to be an interesting month. We have three trips in two weeks. I will need to be on top of my game for sure!