Saturday, June 01, 2013
May is over, now is a chance for the month in review and the year so far. It is months like these that I need to remember to focus on the positive and not dwell on the negative. May was not a great month for my SP goals, but despite a few set backs, things are still OK. Here is the review:
1) weight: Weighed in at 184 today, up 1 lb since last month, up 3 lbs since 1 Jan. I weigh daily and my range for the month was 181-186, making this the first month that I did not spend a fraction of the time in the 170 something range.
2) fitness: With graduation, I lost access to the pool and gym, so I was getting most of my exercise running. I had a great start but then irritated my Achilles and have not really been able to run since. It will be a while before I can get back to 15-20 mile weeks. May mileage: 68. Year to date: 480. Proper recovery and rehab trumps my mileage target of 1,000 miles this year.
3) Food: I have not been as thorough about tracking as I should. I have been indulging in a few too many treats/snacks/adult beverages. We have gone out to dinner more often. The end result has been a subtle weight creep upwards. Nothing alarming at this point, but something I should stop. As others before me have said, I know what I need to do, I just need to do it.
4) Races: I signed up for a Memorial Day Weekend 10k and thought I had a legitimate shot at a really good time (for me). Somewhere in the 45 min range would have been nice. Instead, due to my Achilles, I had a DNS. Oh well. Probably a wise decision not to run. At least it was not an expensive race ($20). It wasn't a race, but at the beginning of the month when I was still healthy, I ran my semi-annual Army Physical Fitness Test and did the 2 mi run in 13:55. I have not run 2 miles under 14 in about 10+ years, so I was super pleased with that result.
5) Moving: Our move is now 3 weeks away. I have a load to take to the dump this morning and a few more things to sort through. In addition to all the other challenges of moving, I am a little concerned that moving will cause disruption in my plan. If I can stay on track eating and get some exercise in during the process, I will be fine. Hopefully it won't cause a break in my login streak, which is at just over 300 days now!
Keep calm and Spark on!