What a month it has been. So many lows and a few highs, but not as many as I would like. I feel like a huge chapter in my life ended with Sydney, but a new chapter began with Summer. I'm starting to get over feeling guilty when we take Summer places. At least I'm not leaving Syd behind anymore. She is at peace.
As this month comes to an end, I want to focus on the things I am grateful for:
1. I lost nearly 3 lbs. That is huge for me in one month. I really cut back on the alcohol and controlled portions. I think all the dog walking helped too.
2. I am grateful that Syd never suffered and I have such wonderful memories of her
3. I am grateful that we have Summer who keeps me moving
4. I am grateful, as always, for JC. It hasn't been an easy month with his bouts of colic and the weather not to mention my back. I haven't gotten out there as much as I would like. But, I know he is well taken care of and happy. I will get out there today or tomorrow.
5. I am grateful that I am learning to put aside the things and people I can not change and only keep the good ones in my life
6. I am grateful that I enjoy my job and have been able to make a career out of it especially when I talk to my friends who are still teachers and hear how miserable they are.
7. I am grateful that I do have family on Brian's side who were here with us when Syd died, and helped us through it. They are my family.
8. I am also so so grateful for my wonderful spark friends who probably know me better than anyone. I may not always get back to you when you comment on my blogs, but please know, that I read each of your comments and I am so grateful to have each and every one of you. I wouldn't be as sane as I am without you.
A new month is coming. New goals to strive for. New experiences to let happen. Bring on June!