Monday, May 27, 2013
Despite having been on Spark People for a while (and SparkTeens before that - so I really do know that I ought to be blogging), I haven't actually blogged yet. So hello!
I am S. I am 19 and currently living in Russia where I work as an English teacher. I will be here for one more month and then it's holidays. And after that, in September, I will be going back to being a student myself and will be going to university in the Netherlands. So I have almost exactly 3 months to lose some weight as I think I'll feel slightly more confident - and will definitely feel more able to deal with all the challenges that this will involve - if I'm healthy when I go.
So I have set myself the goal of losing 10kg by August 29th. I'm currently (probably) 70kg, but I don't actually have scales so I may have actually increased since the last time I checked this (which was in April). Losing 10kg, will make me 60kg which I feel is a reasonable weight for my height (163cm, 5"3). We'll see how it goes.
In the course of the next 94 days, I need to do a variety of things in order to achieve my goal (as sadly, eating 100g of chocolate a day won't actually cut it). So I have a range of things that I'm going to try and put into motion, that will change as my circumstances do (work hours are going to decrease, then I'll be back home and not working, going on holiday, etc). But basically here are my main goals!
- I want to try and blog daily. I haven't been doing this at the moment and there are a variety of reasons for that. But now that I am going to be home more, I am aware that my evening snacking habit is probably going to get worse. So if I'm blogging then I can't actually eat (typing with both hands!). And also, I'm hoping that this will force me to be a bit more honest with myself and hold myself more accountable.
- I need to track my food and push my intake back under 2000 calories a day. As I get better at that, I'll move this goal lower. And then when I go home and actually have food scales, it'll probably go haywire again as I see how completely off my estimates have been! And I need to stop shaving off meals so I can eat more chocolate because it just means I get really hungry! Chocolate is my huge weakness and I just have no sense of moderation. if I have 200g, that is what I will eat. But now that I have more time, I'm going to try and cook a lot more which should mean that I have more snacking options around. And that should help - lately I've genuinely been feeling really hungry. And as I feel happier about what I'm eating and have stuff in the fridge, I'm less inclined to buy nonsense.
- I'm going to continue exercising as much as I am, though soon I might try to do some new things. When I get back in July, I'm planning to start cycling places. But currently I'm doing about 4/5 45 minute sessions of cardio a week so I'm not too fussed there. I do want to increase my running distances (currently at about 6k) and speed (45 minutes for 6k) but I'm not too fussed about it.
- I've decided to pick two yoga poses a week and work on each one most days. I get irritable trying to do a full session of yoga so this works better for me. I also do stretches before and after cardio so...
- I'm planning to do three days strength a week - one legs, abs and upper body. I'll probably get these from a range of places - blogilates, tumblr, sparkpeople. I know I need to do this for a variety of reasons but I just like it less. Ho hum! I'll suck it up!
- Try to stay busy! I boredom eat most of the time so I need to work on having interesting and useful things to do at all times. This is one of the serious reasons I need to blog every day - just to keep me distracted.
I think that pretty much covers it! It's all standard stuff but I just needed to set it all out for myself so that I know exactly where I stand and where I need to focus. It's really eating that's the big problem so we'll see how it goes. Sorry that's all so boring! It'll probably be like this! :D