Sunday, May 26, 2013
It's been a crazy month of busy-ness with lots of work and company and relatives visiting. Lots of end of school year events, too. Phewf.
Even though I haven't been as "all in" with sparkpeople online as I was previously, I've been pretty darn good about keeping in the sparkpeople mode while offline. I've been getting up to exercise before work (about 25 minutes), I've been going to zumba two times a week at least, I've been cutting way back on the alcohol (even when everyone else is in a celebration frame of mind - hey, they're all on vacation), and I've been making the best food choices I can. Most of the time I've been staying in my calorie range ;)
The scale has stayed pretty static. I guess the good news is that it hasn't gone up! And, I've had some really nice non-scale victories...
- Lots of positive comments from all these visitors about my "healthy" look
- Feeling pretty good spending a lot of time in a bathing suit (and fitting into some nice new suits)
- Buying clothes a size (or two!) smaller - hooray!
- Having a bit more energy to keep up with it all
- Feeling much lighter on my feet in my zumba class
Mostly, though, I'm so happy to be keeping up with the good eating and exercise instead of giving up or giving in in the face of stress and temptation!
Eventually, if I keep on, and if my thyroid/hormone stuff gets figured out, and I tweak my eating more, maybe the scale will catch up?