Sunday, May 26, 2013
By request of a Sparks Friend, I'm sharing a recipe. This is what I had for supper last night.
I didn't measure anything, and I ate the whole thing. It was a lot! It was a little too hot, but I still really enjoyed it. I'll bet it would be good with some diced avocado, too. Or maybe some nuts for some added crunch. Also, I washed and dried the lettuce earlier so it got nice and crisp in the fridge.
- Soy crumbles (I used 1/4 pkg Lightlife Mexican)
- Lettuce (3 or 4 cups?)
- Grape tomatoes (1/2 to 1 cup?)
- Cucumber (I used 1 Persian cuke)
- Salsa (1/2 cup?)
- Fat free Catalina dressing
- Mexican seasoning, red pepper flakes, optional
1. I browned the crumbles and added taco seasoning & red pepper flakes for kick. Set aside to cool a bit. Best to use it a little warm.
2. In a large salad bowl, add lettuce of choice, sliced cukes, tomatoes, or whatever salad fixings you like.
3. Then add some salsa. Any salsa works fine. I used about 1/4 each of Trader Joe's Salsa: bean salsa, hot salsa and mild salsa.
4. Add in soy crumbles
5. Add Catalina dressing to moisten. Toss and enjoy!