Friday, May 24, 2013
So this weekend is the Whity International North Marathon. I am registered to complete my first half marathon. My perfect world goal is 2:15 but I think that a more realistic goal is 2:30 considering all of my various running injuries.
After a week or so of recovery, and doing a light amount of different exercises, I am going to start running in the mornings again, before work. Now, this involves waking up around 5:30 and being on the street around 5:35! In case of flagging enthousiasm, here's a reminder of the benefits of morning exercise:
1) jump starts metabolism
2) become energized and gratified
3) increases mental acuity the rest of the day
4) higher quality of sleep
5) helps circadian rhythm
6) regulates appetite for the day
7) something to look forward to (!)
8) insures your commitment to healthy lifestyle
9) statistically helps weight loss to exercise in the morning
10) trick yourself into exercise since you are not quite awake yet (!)
Wish me luck on this morning exercise thing!