Friday, May 24, 2013
* As long as I don't give up, I will continue to succeed.
* Today is an important day for healthy eating and healthy living.
* Just because I have no working stove and no working microwave, doesn't mean I can't eat healthy today. For one thing, I have brown rice already cooked up. On this hot day a cold rice dish just might be good. (Check out a crock pot recipe for tonight.)
* I can track my food. Without tracking I don't really know if I'm doing good or not.
* I can control my portions. I have time to measure today. I do not need to overeat. I need to fuel my body well.
* I don't have to overeat in the evening. Natalie is spending the night tonight and we can have fun that isn't fattening! And that can start a positive streak for me!!
* Just because my left shoulder is really hurting and my left glute continues to bother me doesn't mean I can't walk and be active. I can nurture myself in other ways than overeating.
* I can choose to be discouraged by the number on the scale (almost 5 pounds over where I want) OR I can celebrate that I've kept off 80 pounds for 4 years+ AND/OR I can accept the number on the scale as feedback telling what I've been doing recently doesn't work for me!
* I can watch the sodium today which will help. Bread, deli meats, mustard, and cheese are good foods for the rest of the family when we have no cooking facilities, but too high in sodium for me to eat much today.
* I have been successful in getting back on track over and over again the last four years. Of course, I can do it again! Of course, it is worth it!