Thursday, May 23, 2013
These are the goals I had set for myself 2 months ago to reach hopefully by late August when I turn 50:
- lowering my body fat to 18%
- increasing my total skeletal muscle mass from 58.6 to 65 lbs.
- improving my 5 K time from PR of 32.04 min. to under 30 min.
This is how far I've progressed so far:
- body fat is at 20%
- muscle mass is at 59.7 lbs.
This goal is going to be the hardest to reach. The biggest increase in muscle mass I had over a two month period was 4%. To reach my goal I would have to increase more than that, about 9% in 3 months. Only time will tell if I can do that. At least I should get fairly close.
- I have not run another 5 K yet but given that I do a lot more sprinting I think I can reach my goal of under 30 min.