Time to Fix What is Broken
Monday, May 20, 2013
Clearly my workout plan is broken. I have had something like 3 new workout schedules in the last 2 months. I have not stuck with anything and I really need to get back to it. I'm honestly not sure the best way to go about any of this. Here are the options that I see right now:
1) Continue to try to get in 5 morning workouts.
2) Do 3 morning workouts, but do my ST AND cardio circuits on those days. It will wear me out, but I will have the next day to recover.
3) Try to do my workouts at home rather than the gym. I'd still be able to get a nap in after my workout and shower since I'd be saving the drive time, but I might be even more likely to climb back in bed rather than getting my workout clothes on!
4) Do 2 morning workouts, both ST and cardio circuits, and do yoga and other less intense workouts at home 3 days a week.
5) Just forget it all and get my sleep!
Okay, #5 isn't really an option. No go there. Obviously #1 hasn't been working... #2 is probably a pretty good idea, but that means M-W-F workouts and I know Mondays are so difficult to get going! #3... probably not a great option because it's easier to just call it quits early. #4... possibility, but I'd be willing to bed I'd end up skipping the at home workouts.
There is also a chance that the thyriod mediciation that I was just put on could actually help me wake up in the mornings. Of course, it could be 6 weeks before I know whether or not that works.
I am pretty surprised at the doc saying I have low thryoid - but I guess most of that shock is because I didn't even know they were testing it. When I think about the appointment I know I told the doc that I am skiping my cycle week in my birth control and just jumping right into the next month in an attempt to not feel so worn out during that week. I also mentioned some digestive problems, so maybe he put the 2 together and thought it'd be worth testing my thyroid. Either way, he didn't give me any warning! They said it should make me feel "better" but I didn't know I was feeling "bad" in the first place! But, maybe it will make things easier in the morning. Who knows.
Anyway, at this point I still don't really know what option I should plan on. I slept in today to recover from the race yesterday - had a great time with Imelda and Kim!! So, maybe this is the perfect week to try out 2 workouts at the gym with ST and cardio circuits and see how my body holds up then decide from there.
What do you guys think?? Any tips/advice?
Thanks and have a great week!