* Randomness reigns.
* Lost .7 lbs since last week -- which is a gain of .1 pounds over the last two weigh-ins. I did not expect anything that good!
* I have not bought a new scale, and still may not. I'm now thinking that the extreme variation in weights is due, in part, to my increased instability standing. This increased instability seems to have been going on for the last several months.
* At the same time, I've now concluded that despite the recent increase in back pain, that net, there has been an improvement in my back with weight loss. I conclude this from my shower experience this AM. I am having less pain while standing in the shower than I had two years ago. At the same time, I experienced some numbness in my entire left leg while standing in the shower. I've never had this, before. In the past, the numbness has always been in the right leg. Do I sound confused? Yep!
* The one thing I'm fairly clear on: is that reduced speed and load on the recumbent has definitely made me feel better, today. I did 35 minutes, yesterday. I'll try for 45, today. I'm burning about half the calories than I have been in recent weeks.
* However lame my fitness routine has become, of late, it will come to a grinding halt, Friday, for probably several weeks, or more.
Re: response to comments on prior gloplets.
* Yesterday, I had 18 cups of water. I don't think that more water is going to help. As I've gotten older, I find that I don't like cold drinks anymore. Weird. Most of the water I drink is either weak decaf coffee, or weak non-fat, low-cal, cocoa. No sugar in anything, ever. Occasionally 1 or 2 oz. of skim milk in my 4 cup mug. (The cocoa, I have taken to buying by the case, because they only sell it in the local stores, in the winter.)
* Breakfast takes so long now, that by and large, I avoid regular oatmeal as an additional time sink. Regular oatmeal tastes better, but never seems to make any difference in my weight, or cholesterol vs. quick, and quick HAS done the TRICK! ;-) I buy both kinds in industrial quantities! :-|
* Oatmeal always has dried fruit (raisins, prunes, figs, apricots, pineapple, pears, peaches, craisins, mango, currants, kiwi, or papaya; dried bananas suck!), or berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, or, raspberries), or (rarely) diced fresh apple, or banana. No sugar, no milk, no butter, nor oleo.
* If you really want to encourage me, tell me about the extra time and activities YOU spent doing fitness this week! Or, *better still*, "point" back to your blog, where you tell YOURSELF, and everybody else, including me.