Feels so good to not have to think about rushing around to shower & dress for work...First day off in two weeks. Yea! Although today's activity is work-related, I don't mind because I just really like my high school intern Julia. She does a sport called "Parkour" and films herself so she can improve her style. After being prodded by her advisor, she created & edited a film about the sport and how she's progressed - only 5 min. - and it is being shown today at a teen film festival. Though I'm dreading the music that is probably used in most of these films (all 5 mins.), I am looking forward to going. We use the word amazing too much these days but she IS an amazing young woman. When her mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago, it turned the family topsy-turvy. Julia became the mom of the family and still holds some of those responsibilities. Yet, she is doing so well with school, taking junior college courses 3 days/week. So she truly is amazing. This is more an activity of support & love than for work, though work-related.
John & I enjoyed Dim Sum for dinner last evening, a short walk, and then Chris Mann in Concert at a local venue. I'd not heard of him but he was on "The Voice," I'm told. I did like him and he actually sang some songs with which I was familiar. You can't do Simon & Garfunkel and not have me like you!
My plan for today is to get my summer clothes transferred to my closet, sorting through things to keep and things to donate or toss. Since I have to meet John at noon, I'd best get busy.
The parts of my *SparkPlan* that I'm working as I restart my commitment are:
1. Tracking food and getting daily feedback
2. Visiting with my top 3 *SparkTeams*
3. Blogging each day, noting 5 items of gratitude
1. Gracie & Katie, who are sleeping soundly!
2. An evening to relax & enjoy music without worrying that I had to rise early this morning (even though I did)
3. Time spent with John last night
4. Taking our little 12 block walk - felt good to move
5. G-d, Who gives us all talents