Friday, May 17, 2013
Well today I cancelled my weight watchers subscription on line. It just didn't do a thing for me. I read that some liked to treat the points as a game. I tried.. seriously but I need to know what my calories are.. so just back to posting my food.
I need to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. Pay attention to what and how much.. BUT also what is going on in my head... The why of what pushes me or takes over that I just can't seem to control the food eating urges.. Here is a list.. of the habits- urges that plague me on some days....
!. Must have the lenders bagel with cream cheese for breakfast.. EVERY morning..
2. At work I head down to the cafe that has all those "goodies" eclairs, cinnamon rolls,
muffins.. and that great coffee to go with that! not all the time....
3. After supper.. gosh! got to have that "sweet" thing afterwards... its a given! ice-cream is
usually number one on my list...
4. Bad day at work = a big plate of pasta for supper.. just saying!
5. Can't go to the movie theater with out getting the popcorn, candy and soda!
6. Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking.. and out we go to eat.. subs, pizza, burger joint..
7. watching a hockey game.. so great to have a beer and sometimes cheese and crackers.. of course late at night.. especially with the play offs going on ...
These are just a few... of those times. or situations I need to change somehow, I don't all do them all the time. It is defiantly something that gets triggered. A place, movie theater.. or a feeling.. exhausted worn out from work so I need to sooth myself.. Or just lazy so go out to eat and pick not so good items. Sometimes it just habit.. its what i've done for ever.. bagel in am or go to the cafe.. it makes me feel good.
So today I did really well.. I worked out yesterday and today! I feel in control, i feel good. I have to hang on to this feeling.. and work on all those other problem areas.. REally working on thinking things through.. not letting myself get swept up with the status quo... I need to stop myself ask am I really hungry, and why I am all of a sudden thing and doing this... maybe counting to 50 will slow me down enough to make a better choice. avoid the situation..
That is the goal this week and next week.. to be aware and think it through.
have a great week everyone..
ps.. re worked my goals.. 40 pounds by december 31st... planning on starting 2014 at a new healthier weight..