Friday, May 17, 2013
So I've read articles here and there about inspirational songs, and I thought I'd add some of my own to the mix. My 'GET GOING' playlist changes periodically but here are my top 5 songs that I'm either currently crushing on or never let go of:
1. Save Me - Gotye: it's such a positive message and a super catchy song. I really like that guy's voice and I love this song to centre myself during a warmup or cooldown.
2. Nowhere to Run - Martha Reeves and the Vandellas: mostly this just makes me laugh while I'm on the treadmill.
3. Let the Groove Get In - Justin Timberlake: yes! It makes me want to zumba while running*
4. Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars (cover version): okay okay, so my own band played this and I kind of love listening to it because I thought we did a pretty good job and it makes me kind of excited when it comes on my earphones.
5. Mi Gente - Hector Lavoe: I love this song! It's up-tempo and up-spirited.
*--not recommended for safety reasons