Friday, May 17, 2013
What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.Ē Ralph Marston
Can you believe itís almost June? 2013 is practically half way over. I canít believe how quickly this year is going by ó and what a year itís been. When I look back to January, it feels like ages ago. So many things have happened this year. I am sure itís the same for you Ė right? I have to share my ordination and graduation with you and plans going forth, but I thought this article would help someone today, so I will come back with that soon.
You may also have had Ė
those situations that tested your ability to forgive and keep moving forward
those situations where you needed to overshadow the Negative Committee in your mind and remind yourself of everything that is already working today.
a realization that it was time to move on from something that has been weighing on you and holding you back.
Over the last 6 months there really were so many experiences and lessons that came our way. And, one thing is for sure. Every single thing we experienced, has in one way or another strengthened us and set us up to take advantage of the future in a new and improved way Ė even if thatís sometimes hard to see.
Itís Time to Go (Again)
So, itís time yet once again to make sure we are taking advantage of all the Possibilities of Today.
In January, many of you committed with me to not make anymore excuses in 2012. I am so glad you joined me then, and of course am hoping you will join me again. Because itís time to take another quantum leap. Doesnít that sound good?
Weíve all got things we are trying to make happen and we have really been trying to do the best we can to work toward accomplishing them. We absolutely want to be able to look back on 2012 and know that in one way or another we took strides forward Ė we Lived Today Better than Yesterday.
Thatís why we have to take advantage of this mid-year mark, regroup, recharge and get prepared to take even more steps forward. Yet once again Ė itís time to go.
Hereís a reminder of the list of 59 excuses we are committed to not making in 2013. If you have made any of these, it happened and its over Ė no need to beat yourself up. But, today is a new day and you have a whole new set of possibilities just sitting there waiting to be taken advantage of. Thereís a reason they are there right in front of you . See them. Choose them. Seize them.
The Possibility of Today
59 Excuses to (Again) Make Sure You Arenít Making
1. I just canít do it
2. I donít have enough time
3. Itís too late
4. Itís impossible
5. Itís just not realistic
6. I tried already and it didnít work
7. Iím afraid of failing
8. Itís just not the right time
9. Itís going to be so difficult
10. I donít have the willpower
11. There is a reason why things arenít falling into place
12. I donít want to try, get my hopes up and end up being disappointed
13. Things rarely go my way
14. Iím not as good as the other people that are already doing it
15. My friends donít think it will work
16. Every time I try, it never works out
17. I am not motivated enough
18. I will be so embarrassed if it doesnít work out
19. Things like that never happen to people like me
20. I doubt that would work
21. Iíve got responsibilities and bills to pay
22. I donít want anyone to see me fail
23. I am just not disciplined enough
24. Itís too risky
25. It will take so long
26. I donít deserve it
27. Thatís just not how I am wired
28. I canít afford it
29. Nothing ever goes my way
30. I donít have the energy
31. Iím too old
32. Iím too young
33. Thatís just not the way things work
34. Itís too big
35. Iím too scared
36. Iím too tired
37. I am not smart enough
38. Itís too hard to change
39. I canít take that chance
40. I have too much to lose
41. I am too afraid of what could happen
42. No one believes I can do it
43. I canít figure it out
44. I never have been good at completing things
45. I am not disciplined enough
46. Life isnít fair
47. I am cursed
48. I already did everything I could
49. Itís just too much
50. I am stressed out
51. I canít go any further
52. Itís never going to happen
53. No one will ever give me a chance
54. I canít focus
55. I am too lazy
56. I just canít do it anymore
57. I donít have anyone that will support or help me
58. I am afraid it will not work
59. Itís just not possible
LIVE TODAY BETTER THAN YESTERDAY -Source
....just a suggestion....an exercise, if you will:
Take out a piece of paper or a notebook....for every excuse written above...write the opposite positive words!!!
Example: 38. Itís too hard to change - rebuttal - I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. You got now, post some after reading. Blessings to you all.