My first half marathon was the Dallas Rock 'n Roll on March 23, 2013. I finished at 3:43:43.
My second half marathon was on Cinco de Mayo...May 5, 2013. It was the Heels and Hills. My finish time? 3:41:49. I shaved off 2 minutes 1.5 months. Here's why i'm proud of that time:
1) The Heels and Hills were so much HILLIER then the Rock 'n Roll.
2) The last 0.25 miles of the half was ALL uphill.
3) I hyperventilated after i crossed the finish line.
4) It was HOT!
5) We did not have the route designated just for the half. So we had to share with other runners/walkers/cyclists.
6) I just didn't want to do it. After the first half i had enough...for now!
Here's some pictures from the day...
We were able to have our own motto/saying on our bibs if we registered early...
The day started out at 43 degrees but by the end it was almost 70 degrees!
Men in Skirts = pace makers
My partner in crime for these halves...
The 4 ladies that trained together for 4 months...love these girls!
My weight loss and eating habits have much room for improvement. On May 5th i weights 262.8lbs.Today i sit at 268.1lbs. After my last half i've taken a break from cardio. I needed to rest my legs before i begin training for the 3-Day. BUT i should have started walking again last week...did i? Not really.
Tonight my goal is to sit down and devise a plan. BOTH a fitness plan and an eating plan. My goal is to weigh under 200lbs by year end. Almost half the year has gone by and i have nothing to show for it...weight loss wise anyways.