Wednesday, May 15, 2013
This week has been one of ups and downs.
First, the negatives -
- a few unmotivated Spark free days
- dining out with friends on Mothers Day and then having a calorie blow-out afterwards
- two totally exercise free days where I did virtually nothing.
Next, the positives -
- I discovered how much I need to stay in touch on Spark People in order to keep my focus on healthy eating and exercise.
- The realisation that one episode of weakness does not mean I'm a failure, that it just serves as a reminder that I need to put in if I'm to achieve results.
- I learned that it IS possible to ignore those cravings and appease them by eating something far healthier, such as a crisp, juicy apple.
- I now know from personal experience that when exercise is the last thing you feel like doing, the hardest part is actually getting started. After that it's a piece of cake.
- I have been taking my dogs for far longer walks lately, weather permitting. Instead of a 20 minute walk, we've been walking for 55 - 65 minutes per day, something I never imagined my arthritic body would ever be able to cope with, let alone enjoying!
Best of all, when I weighed in today, I discovered that instead of having gained weight this week, I had actually lost another kilogram, meaning that I have only 3kg. to go till I reach my goal weight!